MUSICAL THEATER COMPANY
A few updates for Musical Theatre Company:
1) APRIL 22 CONFLICTS: Those of you in Wizard of Oz and in a dance class that has FINALE rehearsal the same day of the SHOW are excused from FINALE rehearsal. It is only taught and will be rehearsed in your classroom. Your teachers are made aware that you are missing and will catch you up in class.
2) APRIL 22 CONFLICTS: We are cancelling Musical Theatre Company and Jazz Technique on APRIL 22. We will be extending their classes in May 6,20 one hour, placing Jazz Technique from 3:30-4:30 and pick up will be at 4:30pm for a makeup and to work on their Recital piece.
2) CORRECTION: APRIL 14 PERFORMANCE: Performance at Norristown High School. We will have a short performance at Norristown High School on April 14 in the afternoon. The kids will be doing a section of Mamma Mia. They should arrive at 3:15pm to do a 3:45pm performance. We are supporting their drama club who is having a carnival to raise funds for their program.
3) APRIL 14 CONFLICTS: Those of you in MARY POPPINS will be dismissed at 3:30pm to attend the 3:45pm performance, since this is down the street.
4) APRIL 29, CLASS WILL BE HELD in EAGLEVILLE because of SHOWCASE: PLEASE NOTE that there are no MAY CONFLICTS
5) JUNE CONFLICTS with performances on JUNE 3 and JUNE 10. CLASSES WILL BE MOVED TO EAGLEVILLE keep an eye on any further updates.
All of the above will be posted on the Musical theatre page under CURRENT STUDENTS.
VIDEO: MAMMA MIA: CLICK HERE
Mamma Mia Words_mixdown
SEIZE the DAY: Music
LYRICS for SEIZE THE DAY
VIDEO OF SEIZE THE DAY
LYRICS for Some of MAMMA MIA to assist students without scripts. Below is only the weaker parts of the song.
Friday Nights and the Lights are low, Looking out for a place to Go/Where they play the right music, getting in the swing/you've come to look for a king. Anybody could be that guy/Night is young and the music's high/With a bit of rock music/everything is fine/you're in the mood for a dance.
I HAVE A DREAM
I have a dream/a fantasy/to help me through/reality/and my destination/makes it worth the while/pushing through the darkness/still another mile/I believe in Angels/something good in everything I see/I believe in angels/ when I know the time is right for me/I'll corss the stream/I have a dream/I'll cross the stream/I have a dream.
My My/At waterloo, napoleon did surrender. Oh Yeah/ And Ihave met my destiny in quite a simlar way/the history book on the shelf/is always repeating itself/Waterloo/waterloo/ I was defeated you won the war/waterloo/promise to love you for evermore/waterloo/couldn't escape if I wanted to/ waterloo/knowing my fate is to be with you/woh woh woh woh/waterloo/finally facing my waterloo/ so how could I ever refuse/I feel like I win when I lose/waterloo/I was defeated you won the war/waterloo/promise to love you for evermore/waterloo/couldn't escape if I wanted to/Waterloo/knowing my fate is to be with you/woh/owoh woh woh/waterloo/finally facing my waterloo/oo/oo/waterloo/finally facing my waterloo/oh/oh /oh year!
ASSIGNED SONGS: Please listen to these songs on YOUTUBE (the musicals are listed for the correct look up)to get an idea of the melody. In parenthesis are the musicals they are from.
PLEASE ORDER YOUR MUSIC RIGHT AWAY: THE LINKS BELOW are for you to order your music and be sure to make a copy for your ACCOMPANIST.
Brianna Hauser-Once Upon A December (Anastasia)
Alexis Reid- The Human Heart(Once on an island)
Gavin Hartman- Music of the Night (Phantom of the Opera)
Brianna Kirkpatrick- Requiem(Dear Evan Hanson): https://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd.asp?ppn=MN0177243
Brigid Kirkpatrick- Castle on a Cloud (Les Miserable)
Elle Kroznuski- I still Believe(Miss Saigon)
Ava Dunn- Corner of the Sky(Pippin)
Reese Grove- Somewhere over the Rainbow(The Wizard of Oz)
Angela- Edelweiss (Sound of Music)
Vivienne Grant- Reflection(Mulan)
Shaelynn Land- Much More: Fantasticks
Mamma Mia-Auditions After